Sign up to our free newsletter
Ensure you’re the first to know what’s happening with the Child Oral Health Promotion Initiative:
- Receive updates about the promotional campaign.
- Receive campaign promotional material.
- Be the first to hear about new resources.
Sign up form
Check out our previous newsletters
- 30 November: Campaign progress
- 21 November: Campaign go-live
- 16 November: Preparation for campaign go-live
- 14 October: Child Oral Health Promotion Initiative update
About the Child Oral Health Promotion Initiative
Research shows that oral health in early childhood predicts oral health in adulthood. That’s why the Ministry of Health has asked Te Hiringa Hauora to be involved in the Child Oral Health Promotion Initiative. This initiative aims to promote and improve oral health preventive behaviours and practices among children under five. It’s targeted at parents and caregivers of under-fives, particularly Māori and Pasifika.
To support this initiative Te Hiringa Hauora is:
- delivering a national campaign which aims to increase twice daily tooth brushing with fluoride toothpaste in children under five.
- identifying and developing tools and resources to support those working with parents and caregivers of children under five.
If you have any questions or want more information about the campaign, please send an email to email@example.com.