An inspiring range of speakers presented at a hui in Wellington on sleep and nutrition for pēpē. The hui was organised by Te Hiringa Hauora in collaboration with Activity & Nutrition Aotearoa, and took place on 7 May 2021.
Safe and healthy sleep, and good nutrition, give pēpē and tamariki the best possible start in life. The presenters at this hui provided the latest research and advice on sleep and nutrition.
A selection of recordings from the hui are now available for viewing.
- Matua Tau Huirama (Manu Taki, Te Hiringa Hauora) opened the hui and Papa Nahi (Kai Okohapai, Te Hiringa Hauora) provided an introduction to the day. View the video here.
- Fay Selby-Law and Nari Faiers (Hāpai te Hauora) provided an introduction to safe and healthy sleep. View the video here.
- Professor Rachael Taylor (University of Otago project lead for Moemoeā) and Justine Camp (Research Fellow University of Otago and Māori lead researcher for Moemoeā) presented on sleep, diet and physical activity and how the Moemoeā study is looking at harnessing the power of traditional knowledge to support Māori Hauora. View the video here.
- Dr Sarah Gerritsen (University of Auckland) provided an update on the new food and nutrition guidelines for infants and toddlers. View the video here.
- Papa Nahi (Kai Okohapai, Te Hiringa Hauora) summarised the day and Matua Tau Huirama (Manu Taki, Te Hiringa Hauora) closed the hui. View the video here.