2006 Year 10 In-depth Survey. Full report
1 Jul 2007
This report presents the top-line findings from the 2006 Year 10 In-depth Survey (YIS). The YIS is part of the New Zealand Youth Tobacco Monitor (NZYTM), a national survey of 14 and 15 year-olds' behaviours, and risk and protective factors associated with smoking uptake.
This report presents top-line findings from the 2006 YIS, covering the following topics:
- Part 1: Current tobacco smoking behaviour.
- Part 2: Attitudes and beliefs related to smoking.
- Part 3: Smoking cessation experience ('current smokers' only).
- Part 4: Exposure to others' smoking.
- Part 5: Smoking-related health promotion messages.
- Part 6: Youth culture.
- Part 7: Connectedness – parents and school.
- Part 8: Awareness of, and attitudes towards, the tobacco industry.