The Health Promotion Agency inspires Kiwis to live healthy lives. Our work includes leading and delivering innovative, high quality and cost effective national health promotion initiatives.
These are varied and challenging roles and a great opportunity to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of all New Zealanders.
We are seeking an experienced senior researcher to join the Research team in a role that will provide high quality research, methodology and interpretation expertise and advice across the whole of HPA.
The main focus of the role is to support the mental health and wellbeing programme work. Key components of the work involved include managing internal and external research projects, contributing to the research team’s dissemination and outputs, and providing research and evaluation support, advice and expertise to HPA programmes, activities and planning.
Successful candidates will have:
- a relevant tertiary (Masters equivalent or higher) qualification
- a good understanding of qualitative or quantitative techniques and data analysis, research practice and principles
- the ability to provide advice and expertise and contribute to HPA’s mental health and wellbeing programmes and activities
- demonstrated ability to write clear evidence-based reports
- previous experience with project and contract management
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and deliver projects successfully, on-time and on-budget.
Specific expertise in Māori-centred or kaupapa Māori research and/or Pacific research methodologies is highly desirable for this role.
Applications close 9am on Wednesday 23 May 2018.
Please send the completed HPA application form (below), CV and covering letter to email@example.com or send directly to Vacancies, Health Promotion Agency, PO Box 2142, Wellington.
12 month fixed term
We are looking for a statistician, ideally with survey analysis experience to join our Research team. This role is an opportunity to use your survey data processing experience and statistical skills to make a difference for New Zealanders.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- sound formal training in applied statistics (e.g., Masters or honours degree)
- strong quantitative data analysis skills with a high attention to detail
- the ability to investigate and resolve data discrepancies
- fluency in writing reports on the data in Word to a high standard
- advanced Excel skills, including macros and pivot tables
- ability to communicate statistical results to technical and non-technical staff (verbally and in writing)
- to be a team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills who thrives in collaborative environments, open to on-going learning and knowledge sharing
- a ‘can do’ approach/attitude.
Experience with biostatistics and working in a research setting environment is an advantage, as is research/evaluation experience with Māori and/or Pacific peoples. Ideally a candidate would also be familiar with STATA and already have experience with preparation and analysis of weighted surveys.
Applications close 9am on Monday 21 May 2018.
Please send a completed HPA application form, CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or send directly to Vacancies, Health Promotion Agency, PO Box 2142, Wellington.
For further information on the above roles, phone Linzie Sutton, HR Assistant, on (04) 901 0954. Please note, applicants are required to be a non-smoker and be eligible to work in New Zealand.