The Health Promotion Agency/Te Hiringa Hauora (HPA) worked with the Ministry of Health on preparing information for the public on vaping.
The website vapingfacts.health.nz has three main parts:
key facts about vaping (such as what is vaping, nicotine and vaping, the risks of vaping, vaping and the law, and vaping and pregnancy)
information on vaping versus smoking (such as costs and relative harm)
vaping to quit smoking (essential tips for success, support for quitting smoking, and vaping safety, including links to the local stop smoking services).
The site is for:
people who are looking to quit smoking and those who support them
anyone interested in switching from smoking to vaping
people looking for New Zealand-specific information about vaping.
Please share Vaping Facts with your networks, friends and whānau. Download the guide to sharing the Vaping Facts website.
Encouraging smokers to switch to vaping is one element of New Zealand's comprehensive approach to tobacco control, and has the potential to contribute to achieving the Government's goal of a Smokefree Aotearoa 2025.
Campaign advisory group
For this work HPA had the guidance of an expert advisory group. They provided advice based on research and their significant experience with audience and stakeholder realities. Members of the group were:
- Robyn Bern – Homecare Medical (Quitline)
- Mihi Blair – Hāpai Te Hauora
- Jane Chambers – Ministry of Health
- Professor Janet Hoek – University of Otago
- Rachael Kingsbury – Nelson Marlborough District Health Board (Te Whare Whānau - Motueka Maternity Unit)
- Professor Hayden McRobbie – Clinical Advisor to the Ministry of Health
- Dr John McMenamin - Primary Care Advisor to the Ministry of Health (Tobacco)
- Maraea Peawini – Canterbury District Health Board (Te Hā – Waitaha)
- QJ Satchell – NZVAPOR
- Leigh Sturgiss – Ministry of Health.
Click on the links below to read the updates as this work progressed.
If you have any questions or want more information about this work, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org